Sunday 24 February 2013

Oink! and Alan Moore

Looking through my old Oink! books I came across this 1988 missive from Alan Moore. It appeared as the foreword to "Uncle Pigg's Crackling Tales" 2. I attach cover scan from both volumes and the foreword to volume 2. Charlie Brooker's cartoons don't appear here - although there are a couple of uncredited strips.

I was surprised to see that Alan name-checked Kliban. Its odd to learn that I'd read about Kliban perhaps 12 years before I really became aware of his work.

I've met Alan on a couple of occasions and I recommend trying to attend one his talks. He's always an entertaining speaker, even if you don't necessarily agree with his world-view.

I wonder if thats a self-portrait?

Uncle Pigg's Crackling Tales 1

Uncle Pigg's Crackling Tales 1

Uncle Pigg's Crackling Tales 2

Uncle Pigg's Crackling Tales 2

from Uncle Pigg's Crackling Tales 2




No comments:

Post a Comment