Sunday 11 November 2018

Who was Milo E. Zerbst?

Can anyone provide any biographical information about the artist Milo E. Zerbst?

I own rather nice watercolour study by him that I purchased cheaply from a charity shop in SW.England.

He appears to have been a landscape watercolourist and oil-painter and that's about all I know for certain. I think he was probably German and appears to have been active from the 1930's to the early-1960's.

I've found a handful of other images of his work, on various auction-sites, but very little additional information.

He appears to have provided illustrations for several German books published between the late-1950's and early-60's. This is what make's me think he was German.

  • Abenteuerliche Märchen der Gebrüder Grimm. Published Hamburg: Hamburger Lesehefte-Verlag. 1958.
  • Kriminalistische Anekdoten by Kurt Höllrigl. Published by Hamburg. Kriminalistik 1959
  • Die klugen Tiere. Ein Fabelbuch by Aesop. Published by Hamburg, Hamburger Lesehefte Verlag 1962
Please post comments if you know more about this artist. Thanks








2 comments:

  1. Yes, he was a german. I also have a painting from him. He was a neighbour of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he was a german. I also have a painting from him. He was a neighbour of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete