Saturday 14 December 2019

Wanted : Kliban Nexus 1965

Kliban was a regular contributor to "Nexus - The San Francisco Literary" edited by Jerome Kulek. The earliest illustration, that I'm aware of, appears as the cover of the Spring 1964 issue and the last dates from Dec 1965. Unfortunately, I've not been able to locate any of the cartoons from these publications. If you have  examples, please post in the comments.

Here are copies of the covers to the issues that I know contain his cartoons:

Nexus 9 (Volume 2, Number 2; March - April 1965)

Nexus 10 (Volume 2, Number 3; May - June 1965)

Nexus 12 (Volume 2, Number 5; September - October 1965)
Nexus 12 (Volume 2, Number 5; September - October 1965) Contributors

Nexus 13 (Volume 2, Number 6; November - December 1965)

2 comments:

  1. I own all of these issues and would be glad to send you scans. I am beginning to think that you no longer maintain this blog, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I'd be pleased to see scans from these issues. I will always update this blog, as and when I have new material to share. Thanks for getting in contact.

      Delete